[CentOS] RPMforge metadata problems

Fri Oct 12 11:35:42 UTC 2007
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

Hi,

Yesterday evening I added a TIMESTAMP to the root of my tree in order to
follow up on the correctness of mirrors. And after 12 hours more than 50%
of the mirrors do not have that TIMESTAMP file.

It is possible that it is filtered out, so the test is not at all valid.
I am going to reduce the number of mirrors and only add the ones that have
a recent TIMESTAMP.

However since information on why this happens (or when this happens) is
scarce, I am not sure if reducing the mirrorlist will be effective.

So hopefully, after this weekend the problems some of you have seen with
Yum and the mirrorlist will be a problem of the past.