[CentOS] Centos 5.0 Intel G33/P35 Chipset Support (Asus P5K-VM, P5KC)

Mon Oct 22 18:08:46 UTC 2007
Michael Rock <mikerocks65 at yahoo.com>

I have 2 new boxes that I cannot use yet because of
problems supporting these newer chipsets in 5.1.  Does
anyone know when the CD version of 5.0 x86-64 that has
support for these chipsets be available on any on a
Centos mirror?

Has the support for these chipsets been added to yum
yet?

Here are my latest results with these chipsets and
Centos 5.1

1. Asus P5K, E6850, P35 Chipset:  Does not boot or
install without "acpi=off all-generic-ide irqpoll
nommconf"

Also, when it does boot it does not recognize LAN and
video hangs loading gnome.  I tried install the Asus
Linux driver for the mobo but 'make install' produces
error that kernel sources cannot be found.

2. Asus P5K-VM, Q6600, G33 chipset:  Installs and
boots as long as "acpi=off" switch used.  But I
understand this disables multi-core support. LAN and
video are working.

thx

-- Mike