[CentOS] TFTP server not working as expected when run from xinetd

Wed Oct 24 23:24:35 UTC 2007
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

Hi All,

I have a Trixbox server (CentOS derivative) from which our Cisco IP
phones get their config files via TFTP.

I have noticed that when I run the TFTP server via "service xinetd
start", I am not able to get files via TFTP. I have tested it by doing
a manual transfer via a TFTP client from another machine.

When I try to run the TFTP service manually by doing
"/usr/sbin/in.tftpd -l", I do not encounter any problem whatsoever?

Any pointers regarding this issue? Do I have to enable anything else?

Thanks.

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.