[CentOS] Re: Cross-platform GUI libraries with drag 'n drop IDEs

Tue Oct 2 05:44:49 UTC 2007
Jeremy Sanders <jss at ast.cam.ac.uk>

Ioannis Vranos wrote:

> I am a programmer, relatively new to GNU/Linux and am looking for cross
> platform GUI development, mainly for EL5 and Windows. I have found
> wxWidgets so far. I prefer drag 'n drop programming IDEs, QT seems to
> provide this for GNU/Linux, but it isn't free for Windows.

How do you mean Qt isn't free? Do you mean free as in beer? Qt4 is now GPLd
under Windows (and is very convenient with PyQt).

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jss at ast.cam.ac.uk>   http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
X-Ray Group, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK.