[CentOS] Re: Zimbra error on centos 4.4

Wed Oct 3 16:29:18 UTC 2007
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com>

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

>     Is anybody out there that has successfully installed Zimbra on
>     Centos 4.4. I downloaded .tgz for RHEL4 from Zimbra site. it is the
>     opensource edition.
>      this is the one I downloded.
>     zcs-4.5.7_GA_1319.RHEL4.tgz
>     I extracted and run istall.sh.  Then, I got below error?
>     Install anyway? [N] y
>     The system will be modified.  Continue? [N] y
>     Removing /opt/zimbra
>     Installing packages
>         zimbra-core...basename: too few arguments
>     Try `basename --help' for more information.
>     ......FAILED
>     ###ERROR###
>      installation failed
>     Installation cancelled
>     YOUR COMMENTS ?
>
>   I myself got it running BEYOND this point. But, Now I get below error.
>   *** CONFIGURATION COMPLETE - press 'a' to apply
>   Select from menu, or press 'a' to apply config (? - help) a
>   Save configuration data to a file? [Yes]
>   Save config in file: [/opt/zimbra/config.11051]
>   Saving config in /opt/zimbra/config.11051...Done
>   The system will be modified - continue? [No] yes
>   Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.log.11051
>   Setting local config values...Done
>   Setting up CA...Done
>   Creating SSL certificate...Done
>   Initializing ldap...Failed to start slapd.  Attempting debug start to
>   determine error.
>   daemon: bind(7) failed errno=99 (Cannot assign requested address)
>   slap_open_listener: failed on ldap://mailgw.la-[1]marge.com:389
>   FAILED (1)
>   ERROR
>   Configuration failed
>   YOUR COMMENTS?

This would happen if one had slapd running already.

Zimbra requires that one remove conflicting services before installing,
including, as I remember, an MTA, openldap, pop, and imap.

Bill

Most people, sometime in their lives, stumble across truth. Most jump
up, brush themselves off, and hurry on about their business as if
nothing had happened. - Sir Winston Churchill