[CentOS] Re: rolling your own kernel - guidelines?

Thu Oct 4 16:44:19 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 10/4/2007 9:39 AM Florin Andrei spake the following:
> Let's say I want to use a much newer kernel - even one from the future,
> such as the upcoming 2.6.24. :-) What would y'all smart folks do in this
> case, in order to avoid any possible nasty consequences?
> Would you import the config file from the original CentOS5 kernel into
> the new kernel, and let the kernel deal with the differences? I.e. have
> the old configuration as some sort of baseline that can be further tweaked.
> Or some other strategy?

I would recommend not using the latest and greatest kernel with an Enterprise
distro. You have a good chance of breaking it. If you want new, use Fedora
Core. If you want stable, use CentOS and don't poke the bear!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and