[CentOS] Need advice on 3rd party repository

Fri Oct 5 23:42:01 UTC 2007
Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com>

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 07:29:12PM -0400, Jesse Cantara wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for some advice on a way to update some packages to newer
> releases than are available in the standard CentOS repositories.
> Specifically, I am trying to update apache and PHP to conform to
> "Scanalert"'s "Hacker Safe" website security scan, and the required
> versions do not exist in the CentOS repositories. I'm using CentOS 5.

Are you sure there are actually issues with your versions of PHP?  The
upstream vendor backports security fixes:

  http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/backporting/

Security scanning tools often have no clue of this.

If you just are looking for newer versions offering newer features,
perhaps the centosplus repo would be enough for you?

Ray