[CentOS] Need advice on 3rd party repository

Sun Oct 7 16:57:36 UTC 2007
Gary Richardson <gary.richardson at gmail.com>

Hi,

As others have pointed out, as long as you're patched up, the fixes are
backported.

Checkbox security is lame. I strongly recommend setting

ServerToken ProductOnly

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/core.html#servertokens for more.

It's more secure, because a script kiddie looking in netcraft for attack
vectors won't find your server because it's running some version of PHP.
Plus, you'll pass the 'scamalert' scans :)