[CentOS] Supermicro X7DVL-E and Xeon L5320 installation problems

Mon Oct 8 17:44:13 UTC 2007
Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org>

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 12:29:26PM -0500, Chris Boyd wrote:
> Tearing our hair out on this one.  Trying to install CentOS 5 x86_64
> on a Supermicro X7DVL-E with 2 Xeon L5320 quad core CPUs, 3Ware SATA
> RAID controller in a mirrored setup and 4 GB of memory.  Installation
> crashes at random places while copying the files.  We've run
> memtest86 for 24 hours without any errors, replaced the RAID
> controller, motherboard and disks, but still no luck.

We have X7DBR-3 with 2x X5355 8 GB of RAM, nothing fancy but work fine here.
How do you install? network/cdrom ? how does your kickstart looks like?

Try to add a serial console to log the output or syslog=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
to remote syslog.

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (CentOS-3 i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)