[CentOS] File retrieval from outside hangs, internally is okay, only Centos5 affected

Tue Oct 9 14:19:06 UTC 2007
Bent Terp <bent at nagstrup.dk>

As it turns out, the problem goes away if I use old-fashioned
iptables, that is without connection tracking. Go figure!

Take home lesson is do not use connection tracking iptables behind a
Cisco FireWall Service Module.

Is this just to be accepted as canon, or can somebody actually explain
to me WHY?

best regards,
  Bent