[CentOS] PCI-X SATA RAID Controllers

Wed Oct 10 20:14:48 UTC 2007
Steve Bluck <steve at staff.inhb.co.nz>

Thanks for the replies (and thanks Matt, PCI-e is indeed what I meant
-brain freeze moment), I realise "linux dd" works -and is in fact how
I've installed CentOS 5, but unfortunately I require a card (PCI even!)
that will not require driver updates every kernel update and support a
minimum of 6 ports in RAID 1.
Being a noob at Linux I'm having trouble sourcing a card that is
supported in the 2.6.18 kernel without the need to install drivers, and
replies from manufacturers either evade the question or require a
Masters degree in Linux, so I thought I'd tap into the combined
knowledge of everyone here!
So I'm still open to suggestions!
Cheers
Steve