[CentOS] Local mirroring of the CentOS repos

Wed Oct 10 20:45:42 UTC 2007
Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> *But* I then realized that the updates directory contains *all* updates,
> not just the latest. Which means if I don't regularly check I may get old
> versions mirrored I don't want. It also means that I get a lot of unwanted
> files at the time I start to mirror. And I cannot delete old files as
> these would again be mirrored in.
> An obvious solution would be to check each day and tell wget (or whatever
> software I use) to ignore files older than 24 hours. Still, this means the
> initial download has to get them all and I have to delete all unwanted old
> files manually.
> Is there a better solution?
    Use rsync.  I keep a local copy of the updates, specific to my
platform.  I'm also very specific in WHAT I want locally as you'll see
in the following script.  I use the Stanford University's mirror.

:~> cat rsync.sh
echo "Getting Centos 5.0 Updates...";
echo -e "*****************************\n";
rsync --progress --archive \
--partial --delete --delete-excluded \
--exclude centosplus/ \
--exclude fasttrack/ \
--exclude isos/ \
--exclude isos-dvd/ \
--exclude os/ \
--exclude updates/SRPMS/ \
--exclude updates/x86_64/ \
--exclude addons/SRPMS/ \
--exclude addons/x86_64/ \
--exclude extras/SRPMS/ \
--exclude extras/x86_64/ \
mirror.stanford.edu::mirrors/centos/5.0 /home/CentOS/;

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6