[CentOS] Re: Local mirroring of the CentOS repos

Thu Oct 11 19:27:02 UTC 2007
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Scott Silva wrote:
> With the space crunch on the CentOS mirrors, I don't know why they
> don't just have the latest files in the updates mirrors and move all
> the older stuff to vault. If someone wants an older release of a file,
> you need to get it directly anyway. It wouldn't save a ton of space,
> but it would save some.

um,  centos/(vers)/updates/(arch)/RPMS generally has just the latest RPM
for each updated rpm, except the kernels.   I see very little redundancy
there.

so, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.