[CentOS] question(s) about LVM snapshots

Fri Oct 12 14:35:14 UTC 2007
Tony Schreiner <schreian at bc.edu>

> When the snap shot volume is mounted, yes you can do df on it. But
> that shows you the state of the volume you take the snapshot of at
> the time of the snapshot. That's not what I want to know.

Sorry to answer my own question, but I just learned, lvdisplay shows
the amount currently used by the snapshot

#lvdisplay /dev/vg_data/lv_backup
   --- Logical volume ---
   LV Name                /dev/vg_data/lv_backup
   VG Name                vg_data
   LV UUID                B0F6Gw-iVTt-jJ38-nFny-B2lF-QWei-hqJNlT
   LV Write Access        read/write
   LV snapshot status     active destination for /dev/vg_data/lv_data
   LV Status              available
   # open                 1
   LV Size                812.89 GB
   Current LE             208100