[CentOS] Howto reconfigure / rebuild CentOS 5 LiveCD

Mon Oct 15 18:54:53 UTC 2007
Ken Price <kprice at nowyouknow.net>

>> this may be helpful:
>> http://www.nanotechnologies.qc.ca/propos/linux/centos-live/i386/live/

This is great!  Been looking for this for a while.  Just created a
couple test images without any issues or surprises.

> I would like to point out that this MIGHT be how we build the livecd for
> CentOS-5.1 (I would even say PROBABLY will be) ... however it was not
> how the livecd for CentOS-5.0 was produced.
>
> It might help you in your particular efforts though.

Does anyone have any suggestions for persisting configuration changes
to floppy or other media like USB stick?  I don't want to create a new
image every time a firewall rule changes, and I need changes to
persist after a reboot.

I'm having a hard time finding information on this subject.  I was
hoping for something a little more elegant than mounting a floppy via
fstab and using symlinks to relocate configuration files like
"/etc/sysconfig/iptables".  I'd like to use a single image for several
machines.  Each hostname, firewall rules, ip addresses, etc would be
saved on a floppy that's specific to that machine.

Thanks,
Ken