[CentOS] drbd

Wed Oct 17 20:42:16 UTC 2007
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 13:24 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > On the node that will act as a master for the initial full sync (only
> > one time), you'll have to use the `drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer
> > primary all` command.
> > On previous drbd (< 0.8) , the command was : `drbdadm -- --do-what-I-say
> > primary all` but the command was changed (see the drbd website)
> > You're right, it's missing from the wiki page and that will be updated
> > to reflect that ...
> >
> > Thanks for having reported that .. :o)
> >

> and thanks for that info... its happily syncing away now  :)
>
> hmm, wonder why I'm only seeing 10MB/sec on gigE between two otherwise
> idle dual xeons w/ savvio u320 scsi...

From your previous post :
syncer { rate 10M; }

Of course if you have dedicated gigabit network for the drbd
replication, you can change to rate to at least 100M (talking in
Megabytes, not megabits ... like stated in the drbd man page : 'we're
storage guys ... ;-) )
That's up to you to decide which value best fits your
needs/network/storage subsystems ... test it first

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
Solution ?