[CentOS] Re: DocX support in OpenOffice

Thu Oct 18 20:00:47 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 10/18/2007 12:52 PM Frank Cox spake the following:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:43:54 -0700
> Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>
>> And when you are trying to
>> persuade a business to part with their hard earned dollars to deal with your
>> business, asking them to change to suit you will not fly very far.
>
> If they have a problem that they want solved and you're the guy who can solve
> it, you might be surprised.
>
>> You can have principles, or you can have income.
>
> Linux isn't just a "principle".  It is the most efficient and cost effective
> way to solve problems and implement solutions in a great many situations.
> That's not principle.  That's getting the job done.

Don't get me wrong. I love Linux and think everybody should be using it. But
since many of the people I have to work with don't use it, and have no clue or
desire to use it, I have to be able to "swing both ways".
Someday maybe Microsoft will be in the history books like Wang and CDC.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and