[CentOS] Changing php5 with php4 in CentOS 5

Fri Oct 19 09:51:31 UTC 2007
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Can Cizer wrote:
> This can be a solution,nevertheless the codes were not written by
> myself. Some of them were taken as already written.
> I found some php4 rpms for Centos 5. If i change php-mysql-4 rpm with
> php-mysql-5 , can there be any problem?

Sure, there could be many problems ... all the other things that are
included (mysql, apache, etc.) expect php-5 and not php-4.

If you have a long term requirement for php-4, you should use CnetOS-4.x
(currently 4.5 ... which will be supported until 2012) instead of
CentOS-5 as it contains php-4.