[CentOS] mdadm exim mysql

Fri Oct 19 13:12:29 UTC 2007
John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk>

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 12:28 -0400, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 10/15/07, Johnn Tan <linuxweb at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I installed a CentOS-5 core OS (using --nobase in my kickstart).
> >
> > For some reason, it included mysql-5.0.22.
> >
> > When I do "yum remove mysql", it says it will also remove
> > exim and mdadm for dependencies.
>
> > I don't care that exim will be removed, but I need mdadm as
> > I'm doing software RAID.
> >
> > But why are these even related? When I do:
> > rpm -q --requires mysql
> > neither exim or mdadm is listed as being a requirement.
>
> This is an odd dep chain. It would seem that exim requires mysql for
> some odd reason.

FYI -

Exim requires a database to store various bits of information relating
to email message reception. The exim RPM has been built such that mysql
is required - although Exim can use CDB, DB4, postgresql (I think) and
so on.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne at plymouth.ac.uk       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839