[CentOS] Re: DocX support in OpenOffice

Fri Oct 19 22:02:52 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 10/19/2007 12:43 AM Morten Torstensen spake the following:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> The big problem is when you install Office 2007 the default save
>> format is docx. And if you set to to the older versions you get a
>> warning dialog that you will lose features, become impotent and bald,
>> etc...
>
> As a reference for this thread, check this:
>
> <http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/>
>
> MS Office can now support ODF. Since many more people use OpenOffice
> than Office 2007, clearly this is the way to go <bg>
>
> //Morten
See how Sun helps Office share, but does Microsoft help OpenOffice do the same?
I'm sure someone will reverse engineer the docx formats, and it will work
until Office 2011 comes out! ;-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and