[CentOS] Installing Skype in CentOS (4.4)

Sun Oct 21 10:50:13 UTC 2007
Andrew Allen <andy.allen at virgin.net>

On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 17:56 -0700, Steven Vishoot wrote:
> --- Andrew Allen <andy.allen at virgin.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install Skype on a CentOS 4.4 system
> > and I've followed the
> > instructions on the Skype website at
> >
> http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/repositories.html
> > but when I run yum install skype it fails with a
> > whole string of error
> > messages, ending with
> > Error: failure:
> > RPMS/libsigc++20-2.0.17-1.el4.rf.i386.rpm from
> > rpmforge:
> > [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
> >
> > Has anybody managed to install skype successfully -
> > if so, how please?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andy

> You can try yum clean all and retry yum install. Just
> a thought.
>
> Steven
>

> Get your Art Supplies @ www.littleartstore.com

Thanks Steven,
After I did yum clean all, yum install skype got a lot further and
looked as if it was going to work! But then it failed on

Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libQtCore.so.4 is needed by package skype
Error: Missing Dependency: qt4-x11 >= 4.2 is needed by package skype
Error: Missing Dependency: libQtGui.so.4 is needed by package skype
Error: Missing Dependency: libQtDBus.so.4 is needed by package skype
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package skype
Error: Missing Dependency: libQtNetwork.so.4 is needed by package skype
Error: Missing Dependency: libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by package
skype

So how do I resolve this missing dependency problem using yum please?

Andy