[CentOS] freenx problem with the most recent updates

Mon Oct 22 06:46:58 UTC 2007
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Joachim Backes wrote:
> Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>> Joachim Backes wrote:
>>> Known?
>>
>> Is you system x86_64, then:
>>
>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-October/088311.html
>>
>> else try if using another mirror helps.
>
> thank you for your reply, but I did this already before sending an email
> to the centos mailing list. Now when starting the nxclient on my
> workstation, I get a message presenting some dead "available sessions"
> which cannot be resumed.
>
> This happens on each nxclient start.

The dead sessions, except the one that says X0 (local),  are probably
just leftovers in this directory:

/var/lib/nxserver/db/running/

You can make sure all your current NX sessions are exited on the server,
then go to that directory (/var/lib/nxserver/db/running/) and if there
are files in there, remove them (or back them up to another directory if
you want to be extremely cautious :D ).  Also look in
/var/lib/nxserver/db/failed.  The older versions of freenx tended to
leave connections there after they were dead, but not show them to the
client.

The X0 (local) session shows up all the time, but can only be connected
to IF you are sharing your desktop via VNC.  Most of the time, this will
not be the case, so just ignore it.

> Only clicking "New" in this prompt will
> continue with opening a session.

Do these new sessions behave properly for you (can you disconnect and
reconnect to them properly from the same client)?

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes