[CentOS] Upgrading PHP + MySQL on CentOS 3

Tue Oct 23 10:32:29 UTC 2007
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

David Zentgraf wrote on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:27:20 +0900:

> How do I update/replace/relink the php-mysql connector to have PHP
> talk to MySQL using the current client libraries?

Have you tried renaming libmysqlclient.so.10? Also, are you sure that it
is libmysqlclient.so.10 that is getting used and not the client coming
with PHP? If I remember correctly PHP (at least before 5) links against a
client library that comes with it's source by default. So, if you are
building without specifying an external library it should use it's own for
linking.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany