[CentOS] Upgrading PHP + MySQL on CentOS 3

Tue Oct 23 12:52:33 UTC 2007
David Christopher Zentgraf <deceze at gmail.com>

> On  23. Oct 2007, at 21:15, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>
>> Well, the problem is that you have several client libraries on the
>> machine. AFAIK there is no way to specify a specific version of
>> it, so you
>> have to move the others out of the way when you build (by
>> renaming). Later
>> you can put them back.
>
> I see. I'll try the renaming and see how that works out.

Well, I moved all libmysqlclient* files out of /usr/lib except for
libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0 and a few symlinks to it.
Reconfigured, made, made installed PHP --with-mysql=shared,/usr,
moved all the libs back and restarted Apache...
Same thing. :-(