[CentOS] mirroring kbsingh repos

Thu Oct 25 16:11:53 UTC 2007
Lorenzo Quatrini <lorenzo at gmk.it>

James A. Peltier ha scritto:
> Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
>> James A. Peltier ha scritto:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to find out the best way to mirror the kbsingh
>>> repositories because most of my machines do not have access to the
>>> outside world.
>>>
>>> What is the best way to do this.  I want extras and misc for both el4
>>> and el5 all arches.
>>
>> I would say mrepo
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Lorenzo Quatrini
>
> I have decided that mrepo is not the right solution for me.  I do not
> want to have to mirror entire repositories in order to get the software
> that I need and use at the expense of bandwidth and disk space for
> useless stuff to me.
>
> That said, I'm focusing my efforts into attempting a creating/porting of
> apt-cacher to yum based distributions.  I will notify everyone on my
> progress, as time progresses.

James,
I was looking exactly for the same thing.
I don't have programming skills, but I can do  debugging and testing... So if
you want we can join our efforts on this project.
I also asked the local LUG on some help, maybe we can have other people joining
the project.
Let me know if you are interested

Regards

Lorenzo