[CentOS] Re: self signed ssl cert on C5

Thu Oct 25 23:10:25 UTC 2007
Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com>

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> --On Thursday, October 25, 2007 2:54 PM -0400 Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com>
> wrote:
>
>> SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE
>
> Isn't that for when you need the client to prove who he his? Are you
> requiring client SSL certs? It looks like the client is failing to provide a
> good cert.

Well not on purpose!! I set SSLVerifyClient to optional and it now works. It
looks like the default is different between c-4 and c-5. I looked at my ssl.conf
on a c-4 machine and the line is commented out. It was also commented out on the
c-5 machine and I was getting the errors above. When I changed it to optional
things started working.

The documentation states that the default is none but it looks like the default
is require. Is there a way to verify what the defaults are?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com