[CentOS] TFTP server not working as expected when run from xinetd

Fri Oct 26 00:25:21 UTC 2007
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

On 10/25/07, Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/25/07, Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists)
> <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here's the dump of /etc/xinetd.d/tftp:
> >
> > [root at trixbox2 xinetd.d]# cat tftp
> > # default: off
> > transfer protocol. The tftp protocol is often used to boot diskless
> > workstations, download configuration files to network-aware printers,
> > and to start the installation process for some operating systems.
> > service tftp
> > {
> >         disable = no
> >         socket_type             = dgram
> >         protocol                = udp
> >         wait                    = yes
> >         user                    = root
> >         server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
> >         server_args             = --logfile /var/log/atftpd.log
>
> The --logfile dont exist in my man page!
> Can you try to remove it (including /var/log/atftpd.log ) ?
> Can you try to start tftpd from command line using this option and see
> if you have any error ?

Hi Guys,

Yup. That line is the guilty one.

I have removed the arguments by setting server_args to none and
restarted the service. Then I tested it by doing a transfer and it's
working already.

Thanks guys! :)

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.