[CentOS] Mail Restrictions with sendmail

Indunil Jayasooriya

indunil75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 07:39:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

I got Centos 5 server up and running. sendmail and MailScanner are running .

pls see below for installed sendmail pkgs.

[root at mailgw ~]# rpm -qa |grep sendmail
sendmail-cf-8.13.8-2.el5
sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5
sendmail-devel-8.13.8-2.el5

I installed below MailScanner-4.62.9-3.rpm.tar.gz

 MailScanner-4.62.9-3.rpm.tar.gz

Then, I installed mimedefang by using yum.

yum install mimedefang

Now, I can find some files @ /etc/mail

below are files.

mimedefang-filter
sa-mimedefang.cf
sa-mimedefang.cf.example

I first want to block Bcc and limit Cc to about 5 users. I googled a lot.
But, I am still not be able to achieve this task.

will I have to edit /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter to block Bcc and to limit Cc
.

Have you done it?

your comments .

--