[CentOS] nVdia C15G chipset and GeForce 6100 on board graphix controller

William L. Maltby

CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Mon Sep 3 14:45:05 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 08:33 -0400, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 8/29/07, Chris Geldenhuis <cgeldenhuis at jhb.ullmanns.co.za> wrote:
>
> > I am new to installing drivers etc. Could you possible give me a few
> > pointers to help me along the way.
>
> RPMForge makes installing the nvidia drivers reasonably easy. Simply
> run 'yum install nvidia-x11-drv' and then reboot.
>
> Instructions for RPMForge are at http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/RPMForge

Be aware that if your graphic card is not recent enough, the installed
driver will tell you that you need a particular prior version from
nvidia's site. After using the Rpmforge version, I had to uninstall it,
leaving the kernel devel stuff in place, and get the .96xx version from
nvidia's site. It was still essentially a no-hassle operation though.
You should have NP either way.

--
Bill