[CentOS] Re: rootpw and graphical mode?

semi linux linuxsemi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 18:17:18 UTC 2007

For whatever reason, this just does not want to work for me...

I get my crypted password from the /etc/shadow file and copy it
directly into the ks file.
I've done this ~ 6-8 times now, resetting the root password, copying
it and trying to kickstart from it - no change.  (I thought  there was
only one right answer, but if I reset my password and type the same
thing, the crypted string changes slightly everytime.)

Anaconda still prompts me for the password no matter what.

If I change it to a plain text password, it works.
If I use the non-graphical install, it works.

I've even deleted the lines to make sure I don't have any special
characters in there...

The only thin I can think of is that maybe my crypted password
contains an escape sequence that might not be properly handled in
anaconda?

I'm completely stumped.

- G.