[CentOS] Re: ext3 inode and journal limitation

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Sep 7 21:11:38 UTC 2007

Centos spake the following on 9/7/2007 1:38 PM:
> I have another question.
> if I mount a filesystem on root partition,
> is inodes on mounted file system is going to be added to root inodes ?
> thanks for help
No. The inodes are part of the underlying partition, and it doesn't matter how
many filesystems are nested or how deep.
If you have say a var partition under the root partition, and you use all the
inodes in the var partition, you can still add files to the rest of the root

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!