[CentOS] Performance of CentOS as a NAT gateway

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:40:41 UTC 2007

On 9/10/07, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/10/07, Guy Boisvert <boisvert.guy at videotron.ca> wrote:
> > On top of that, i'd say that a PC, with whatever processor you could
> > put, is able to service a certain amount of interrupts / second.
>
> # cat /proc/interrupts

Ok, so obviously just that snapshot wasn't very useful, sorry.

Several minutes of "vmstat 2" output indicates that the number of
interrupts per second on the NAT gateway ranges between 600 and 1200,
occasionally as low as 540 or as high as 1300.

(Working on getting wireshark in a place where we can monitor both ends.)