[CentOS] CentOS 5 on IA64

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Sep 12 02:27:11 UTC 2007

Lamar Owen wrote:
> What is the minimum for actual hardware?  I have a small s390 here that I've
> been looking for a reason to power up.  What sort of access is needed?

now, I haven't dealt personally with s390 since it was s370 and
punchcards and mag tape were still de rigeur, so the following is purely
conjecture.....

a reasonable MINIMUM for a test-n-dev machine is likely around 512MB ram
and 18GB or so of disk.

it needs to be accessible via ssh from the internet, and it itself
should be able to access internet.   I assume those have some sort of
console processor?  that also should be accessible via ssh or whatever
from the internet.   It would probably be a good idea to have a x86
centos host on the LAN with it that also can be accessed from the net so
you can cross-compile and net-install locally.