[CentOS] Unable to POST after suspend

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Wed Sep 12 19:10:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
>On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 12:13 -0500, B.J. McClure wrote:

>In its current configuration, this system has survived over 500 boots.
>It has failed this one time, which is the only time I've tried to use
>suspend. I've tested every component in other PC's and they all seem to
>function properly, except the motherboard.
>
>My theory is that the suspend succeeded but perhaps the BIOS settings
>don't define any way to switch state SLEEP -> ON. The system has been
>without power and BIOS battery over night, but it hasn't changed
>anything.
>
>Do anybody know of a way to force wake up?

Many main boards have a place to set a jumper to reset the BIOS
to the default state.  I've never tried resetting things using
this (and try not to deal with hardware if I can help it which is
my my company name is not Celestial Hardware :-).

Bill

The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will go to the stars...
    -Dr. Isaac Asimov