[CentOS] Document Scanning and Storage

Dennis McLeod

dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Wed Sep 12 23:08:50 UTC 2007

I'd like to start scanning our boxed up documents. I'd say about 30,000
files total.
Mostly to eliminate the boxes of paper we have.
I'd like to scan them, store them, Have some sort of index, and be able to
retrieve them on multiple machines. I think PDF would be the desired format.
I'd like be able to set some permissions as well. (not a deal breaker...)
I've searched Sourceforge, and have seen knowledgetree, myDMS, contineo,
etc, but really would like to hear from someone that is using something
similar.
Of course, I use Centos, so.....
Thanks,
Dennis