[CentOS] ASTERISK BOX behind a filewall

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Thu Sep 13 00:06:53 UTC 2007

gjgowey at tmo.blackberry.net wrote:
> I'm just spit balling (since it has been a good number of years since I've used asterix), but why not have two asterix boxes (one your side, one client side) connected via aix (you'll have to setup the fw rules to make the aix go to the asterix box (on both sides) and just route your call through your nearest box?  Afaik this capability has been around for a long time, but I've never used aix with nat.
>
> Geoff

Cor, you need line wrapping! thunderbird does it for me but on hitting
reply...

You are assuming that he has access and control to the client site or
that the client side is an office. I think he has remote roaming clients
in mind.

The main thing is to eliminate natting so adding a vpn client should fix
that. That is what I did for my asterisk <-> nat <-> nat <-> sip-client.
asterisk <-> vpn <-> sip-client is far less troublesome.