[CentOS] Re: Unable to POST after suspend

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 02:13:01 UTC 2007

I got problems with some DELL Poweregde server long time ago.
Running hwclock command was crashing the server and sometime, this
happened 2 times
the server was not rebooting anymore, we had to replace the motherboard.
Maybe some critical NVRAM region were corrupted by the suspend.

Try to contact your hardware support :-)

On 9/12/07, Mark Rosenstand <mark at borkware.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 12:00 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
> > I have never had an OS make a machine where a hard reset wouldn't reboot it.
>
> Me neither.
>
> > Are you sure that some hardware didn't fail at the same time? Maybe the power
> > supply.
>
> Yes.
>
> Does anybody know where ACPI state is stored?

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you