[CentOS] Re: hardware raid vs fake raid

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Thu Sep 13 15:13:53 UTC 2007

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> I hate to be the stater of the obvious... but doesn't IBM's website
> provide product specs along with a compatibility guide?

I have tried asking questions on IBM's support fora, the answer is:

CentOS? Not supported. Get RHEL3 or RHEL4.

Some of the install scripts of IBM's software checks the contents
of /etc/redhat-release so I had to modify this file into:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5 (Final)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 4

to get it to install the software (on a CentOS 5 machine).

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk