[CentOS] Multiple IP Address

Brett Serkez bserkez at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:34:55 UTC 2007

> pretty sure thats configurable in SMB.CONF
>
> [global]
>     interfaces =  [ (ip address or network interface or ip/mask or
> broadcast/mask) ...]

Researched this before I emailed originally, this doesn't do it.
Even if I specify only the subnet I want in all these places, the
behavior is unaffected.

The reason I posted to CentOS and not SAMBA is that from what I can
tell, the decision as to what address to return seemed to have more to
do with the OS.

Does anyone on this know how the OS determines which IP address to
choose when asked for its address when it has multiple choices.  From
the best I can tell so far, it seems to be the last adapter to start,
the last one listed in ifconfig.

Brett