[CentOS] MS SQL server

Tony Barratt tbarratt at mibtree.com
Fri Sep 14 23:28:51 UTC 2007

Hello List,

I need to access some data a MS-SQL server ie run a stored procedure or
user-defined function or a select every so often maybe 3 times a day.
Have centos 4.5 on intel xeon. Is there an obvious certain-to-succeed

perl DBI + ODBC spings to mind, have not tried it yet - cannot access the
systems yet - need to make a good plan.
Am a bit concerned cos I dont know of an alternative to perl DBI + ODBC and
I have heard a few anecdotes about how ODBC possibly problematic..

Any suggestions gratefully received and would be pleased to read the nice
manual (if one is identified!).