[CentOS] Very strange problem i have faced in my 2 years carrier

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sun Sep 16 14:58:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 07:22 +0800, Feizhou wrote:
> Bill Campbell wrote:

> > Unfortunately that isn't much use if you're running the default
> > system with prelink as it changes large numbers of executables
> > rendering the RPM verify close to useless.
> >

> Eh? I thought it can figure out prelink's activity too? Has something
> changed?

Last time I experimented with this, RPM does understand. It "un-
prelinks" files (to a temporary) and checks that size, IIRC.
Unfortunately, it leaves some things around when rudely interrupted,
rendering future (un)prelink and some other activities (I don't (care
to :( ) recall all the details.

--
Bill