[CentOS] 3Ware 9550SX and latency/system responsiveness

Simon Banton centos at web.org.uk
Tue Sep 18 11:55:35 UTC 2007

At 08:18 +0800 15/9/07, Feizhou wrote:
>>Is there any way to tell the card to forget about not having a BBU
>>and behave as if it did?
>
>Short of modifying the code...I do not know of any.

Well, I've now got BBUs on order for the three identical machines to
see if that does anything to improve matters - I'll report back when
I've fitted them. A glance through the 2.26.05.007 driver code shows
no references to the BBU, so the different code paths (with BBU and
without) must be in the firmware itself.

S.