[CentOS] Re: dual boot w/WinXP

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Sep 18 19:59:13 UTC 2007

Ray Leventhal spake the following on 9/18/2007 11:42 AM:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been asked advice in an area that I'm not well versed and am hoping
> for some help.
>
> Having read a recent thread where booting to anaconda's kickstart wiped
> a partition table unexpectedly (to the user...it did what it was
> configured to do), I'm following the 'measure twice, cut once' rule and
> asking if this is possible and if so, what is best practice:
>
> I have a working WinXP SP2 workstation with an unused partition on the
> primary HDD.  I'd like for the unused area to be used for dual booting
> CentOS5 but am not sure what needs to be done (if anything) to the
> config file for kickstart prior to booting with CD1 in the drive.
>
> Any suggestions or pointers to docs I may have missed are greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> ~Ray
I wouldn't bother setting up a kickstart file for a "one off" install. A
kickstart install is usually for repetitive many systems alike installs, like
a corporate desktop setup with many workstations, or a cluster of servers.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and