[CentOS] How to mount a remote file system to another linux box

Tomasz Napierała zen at allegro.pl
Wed Sep 19 07:07:45 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 06:34:58 Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> I have a web server running CentOS 4.4 @ LAN. I can view those graphs via
> this web server , if I can mount those graphs to this web server.
> my firewall has 3 nics. eth2 is connected to the LAN. my
> web server @ LAN is
> How can I achieve this ?
Some ideas comes to my mind:
- export folder containing graphs via NSF on desired net interface, but IMHO
it's bit over the top.
- look at running httpd only on internal interface (but that would limit
access to the graphs to your LAN only)
- use rsync
But to keep security tight I would simply schedule cron job transfering those
files to web server.

Tomasz Napierala
System Administrator
Allegro Team