[CentOS] Re: Choosing VPN Server

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Sep 19 15:48:43 UTC 2007

Wei Yu spake the following on 9/19/2007 8:19 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a task of choosing vpn server. I do not know which is better.
> The one distributed with CentOS4.5 only supports pppd (or maybe pptp but
> I cannot find it).
> If/ /I want to use PPTP or L2TP, which one should I choose? OpenVPN? Poptop?
>
> Thanks.

If you want PPTP because of Windows clients, you need some kernel patches and
some firewall patches. You can use a CentOS spinoff like ClarkConnect for this
as it already has the patches, and a decent web config to set things up. If
you want something more secure, use OpenVPN, but you will have to set each
client up manually.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and