[CentOS] Re: Choosing VPN Server

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Sep 19 15:48:43 UTC 2007

Wei Yu spake the following on 9/19/2007 8:19 AM:
> Hi,
> I am facing a task of choosing vpn server. I do not know which is better.
> The one distributed with CentOS4.5 only supports pppd (or maybe pptp but
> I cannot find it).
> If/ /I want to use PPTP or L2TP, which one should I choose? OpenVPN? Poptop?
> Thanks.
If you want PPTP because of Windows clients, you need some kernel patches and
some firewall patches. You can use a CentOS spinoff like ClarkConnect for this
as it already has the patches, and a decent web config to set things up. If
you want something more secure, use OpenVPN, but you will have to set each
client up manually.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!