[CentOS] Migrating from ancient Fedora (was Fedora Core 5 EOL on 2007-06-29)

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:24:58 UTC 2007

On 9/21/07, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> WRT SELinux, just disable it is my suggestion. Or perhaps
> switch to another distro which is not yet infected.

Why yes, ignoring security or bypassing it alltogether rather than
learning how to protect your systems is an EXCELLENT idea. I highly
recommend the 'head in the sand' approach. After all, if you can't see
the bad guys poking you're server, they're not actually doing it,
right?

Selinux is complicated, but it's getting far more easy to use than
earlier versions (FC2 anyone?) and in combination with other tools, it
can provide a rock solid security system.

For webservers, the belt+suspenders combination of mod_security and
selinux is damn near unbeatable.

George Orwell