[CentOS] xorg-x11

Barton Callender b14wc at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:06:40 UTC 2007

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:32:27 +0500
From: umairshakeel at gmail.com
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS] xorg-x11

Dear Salam,

Please install Xorg-deval package and xorg-depereciated package too. They are available in YUM repository.

Regards,

Umair Shakil
ETD

centos at centos.org

b14wc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >  Greetings,
> >
> >  Are there any xorg-x11-devel or xorg-server-devel rpm for centos 5?
>
> Yes and no. The packages for xorg have been renamed slightly (a change

> inherited from upstream) and the number of packages involved in the
> xorg suite has exploded.
> You probably want the xorg-x11-server-sdk package, though there are
> some others which you may also need.

> You can run the following command to see them all:
> yum list xorg-x11\*
>
> --
> During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
> George Orwell

Hi,

Thank-you for the response, I have xorg-x11-server-sdk package installed.  I am trying to rebuild fluxbox source from kbs-Centos repos.  I get this error message: -

xorg-x11-devel is needed by fluxbox-0.9.13-1.i38

Thank-you

Make your little one a shining star! Shine on!

I tried installing those packages, my yum repository did not find them.

thanks