[CentOS] fstab problem after a failed drive

Von Landfried centos.list at eyestreet.com
Sun Sep 23 04:00:43 UTC 2007

You should be able to boot off the CentOS 5 (assuming its 5) DVD or
CD1 and go into "linux rescue" mode which will allow you to mount
the / drive in rw mode thus allowing you to remove the entry from
the /etc/fstab. Look into that option, I have done it before, but
can't remember the exact steps.

A quick Google search found this:

<http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/centos5/
centos5_installation_guide/centos5_s1-rescuemode-boot.html>