[CentOS] install freezes at partition layout

Sun Sep 23 15:18:22 UTC 2007

On 22 September 2007, Barry Schiffman <schiffo2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Message: 15
> Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:22:39 -0700 (PDT)
<snip>
> I'm trying to install centos 5 on an old machine, a
> Micron with a pentium III and 250 megs of ram. I'm
> using the DVD image.

Barry: Possibly the small amount of RAM is causing it to fail at the
partitioning stage of the installation? I have CentOS 5.0 running
on a box with 384 MB of RAM and on two boxes with 512 MB of RAM.

Whether or not the 256 MB of RAM you have is causing the problem,
consider adding more RAM. You and your system will be happier with
more RAM!

Lanny

http://lowcostmagazines.com