[CentOS] searching for yum packages necessary for mail gateway

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 11:57:09 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:

> > you might want to try http://rpm.pbone.net/
>
> Not a really good idea, except if you really know what you are doing.
> Hunting down repositories is a better idea, especially as there are some
> trusted ones.

There is a good/safe way of using http://rpm.pbone.net/ . Click
"Advanced RPM Search" followed by "Uncheck All".  Then pick up CentOS
and RedHat EL 5 (or 4).  This is a fairly easy method to find out what
is available.  Note that it will not find stuff from kbs-extras, for
example.  I also check Fedora 6 so I can rebuild from their srpm in
case a package is only available from FC6.

Akemi